Trusted Pest Control In Washington Metropolitan Area
Situated on the far reaches of the greater Washington, D.C., area, the town of Manassas is ideal for commuting professionals and families looking for a bit of space. While Manassas was once a historical area, the town has grown with the times to include shops, bars, restaurants, and businesses of the local and national type. And with the addition of well-regarded public schools and green public spaces, it’s no wonder why so many people look to call Manassas home. But even with temperate seasonal conditions, local homes may easily find themselves victims of pest problems. At Pestechs, we look to provide the Washington metro area with pest control that will exceed your expectations. As a family-owned and locally-operated business, we take pride in our work and won’t stop until your needs are met. To learn more about how we can keep your home free from pests, contact us today and schedule your free, no-obligation inspection.
Residential Pest Control In Washington Metropolitan Area
Your Manassas home deserves to be free from pests no matter the time of year, which is why at Pestechs, we provide residential pest control that you can trust. As a family-owned business, we will go to great lengths to ensure your safety, which is why we follow strict Integrated Pest Management methods. This system allows our expert technicians to understand the conditions around your home and treat them accordingly with judicious chemical application. It also means that with close monitoring and routine maintenance, we’ll be able to keep your home pest-free no matter the time of year; we guarantee it. Our residential pest control process begins with a free detailed inspection of your property, looking at every aspect from your eaves to landscaping to baseboards inside your home, the result of which is a pest-free living environment that you can rely on. To learn more about our services and how your home can benefit from them, contact us today.
How To Tell If Your Washington Metropolitan Area Property Has A Termite Problem
Termite damage can be hard to identify because of where they take place, with termite activity going undetected for an average of 18 months. If you notice any of the following signs in your Washington Metropolitan Area home, you might be dealing with termites:
- Doors and windows that won’t shut
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- A sweet, mildew-like odor
- The presence of termite swarmers
- Piles of frass, which is sawdust-like fecal matter
- Mud tubes
- Mazes, which give the appearance of shredded wood
- Hollow walls
- Bubbling paint or wallpaper
Termites cost American homeowners a collective five billion dollars each year, with the average affected household spending $3,000 to rectify the issues. At Pestechs, we provide homeowners with termite control that they can rely on. For more information on keeping termites out of your home, contact us today.
Answering Washington Metropolitan Area Most Frequently Asked Bed Bug Questions
Bed bugs are parasitic pests that can wreak havoc on your health if they gain access to your home. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about these pests:
- What do bed bugs look like? They’re very small and resemble an apple seed. Before they’ve fed, bed bugs are a brownish-red color with a translucent effect. Once they’ve fed, they turn a dark brown color and nearly double in length.
- How did I get bed bugs? It’s possible to pick up bed bugs any time you come into contact with upholstered items. They travel by what is known as parasitical hitchhiking, which means that they latch onto a host and go for a ride.
- Are bed bugs risky to my health? While bed bugs aren’t known to spread any illnesses, they feed off of the blood of humans and leave behind itchy red bumps. Scratching these bites can lead to secondary skin infections like impetigo.
- What can I do to prevent having a bed bug problem? Before returning home after travel, taking public transportation, going to the movies, or bringing home used furniture, always inspect your personal belongings for bed bug activity.
- What are the signs of an infestation? Bed bug infestations might include red staining on your sheets, shed body parts, eggshells, a sweet odor, and waking up with tiny red bumps.
At Pestechs, we provide homeowners with reliable bed bug control that follows Integrated Pest Management. With these methods, we’re able to customize a treatment to the specifications of your home and needs. DIY bed bug control techniques can be costly, tedious, and unreliable, which are not chances you can take with these types of pests. For more information on keeping bed bugs out of your home, contact us today.
All You Need To Know About Cockroaches In The Washington Metropolitan Area
Cockroaches are particularly attracted to Washington Metropolitan Area homes in search of food, so things like dirty dishes piling up or having an excess of crumbs can cause a cockroach issue. They are also attracted to moisture, so leaky pipes, faucets, and bathtubs can not only lure cockroaches but also keep them around. And once cockroaches are present in your home, they can be responsible for the spread of salmonella, streptococcus, diarrhea, and dysentery. But that's not where the trouble ends. Cockroaches live out of sight of humans, reproduce rapidly, and the most common species, the German cockroach, is developing an immunity to many common pesticides. For reliable cockroach control that works, contact Pestechs today.