Reliable Pest Control In Washington Metropolitan Area
Situated along Manassas Lake, the community of Gainesville is roughly an hour’s drive from Washington, D.C., making it an ideal location for commuters and families. And with stunning parks, good public schools, and businesses of all sizes, it’s no wonder why so many people look to call it home. But with seasonal conditions that are temperate, there is always a chance for a pest problem. At Pestechs, we provide Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC with pest control that is built to beat the elements. All of our professional and friendly technicians utilize Integrated Pest Management methods that are safe and effective. And with a pest-free guarantee, you'll no longer have to worry about pest problems. Contact us today for more information and to receive your free inspection.
Residential Pest Control In Gainesville, VA
At Pestechs, we provide residential pest control that is built to last. All of our services are designed according to the protocols of Integrated Pest Management, the industry gold standard. Following this method means that we apply chemicals judiciously and look to understand the environmental factors around your home. Our process always begins with a detailed inspection of your property, both inside and outside. From there, we provide customized treatments like interior spray treatments and exterior work like de-webbing and removing nests. With routine maintenance set to your schedule, we’re able to keep pest problems out of your home all year long. And when you work with Pestechs, all of our services are guaranteed for your continued satisfaction. For more information on residential pest control, contact us today.
Why Cockroaches In Gainesville Can Be Dangerous
Cockroaches crawl into Gainesville homes in search of food and water and cause serious issues once they do. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, cockroaches are capable of depositing bacteria into your food such as salmonella, streptococcus, and staphylococcus. They also play a role in the spread of diarrhea, dysentery, and typhoid fever. Their saliva, fecal matter, and shed body parts are also responsible for allergic reactions and asthma attacks in certain individuals. Additionally, some people have reported mental health issues like stress and anxiety that come from the negative reputation of having this type of problem. But one of the additional dangers that comes with having a cockroach infestation comes from the difficult nature of dealing with this type of problem. The most common species of cockroach, the German cockroach, is developing a cross-resistance to many readily available pesticides and due to the rate at which they reproduce, there is very rarely just one cockroach. This is why Pestechs provides cockroach control that is built to last. We use safe, long-lasting methods applied by professional technicians. Whether you need to get rid of the cockroaches in your home or prevent an infestation from cropping up, contact us today.
How To Prevent Ant Infestations In Gainesville
Ants are a prevalent pest for many Gainesville homeowners, and because they are so easily attracted to food and water, keeping them away can be difficult. Try these tips to prevent an ant infestation on your property:
- Always start by ensuring a secure foundation. This entails filling gaps around doors and windows with weather stripping, repairing worn window screens, and filling crevices with caulk.
- Next, address any issues with moisture. Look for leaky gutters and downspouts outside of the home and inside, address issues with faucets, pipes, bathtubs, and showerheads.
- Always store your food properly by keeping it in secure containers and avoid leaving anything out that’s uncovered. Ants are attracted primarily to sweet and sugary foods so paying special attention to food is very important.
- Always keep your garbage in a bin with a lid and remove the trash regularly. Check for food residue between uses and clean your bin if there are any spills.
- Clean the surfaces and floors around your home on a regular basis.
For ant control that you can rely on, turn to Pestechs. We customize safe treatment programs to your exact needs and design them to be long-lasting. All of our ant control programs are guaranteed, so you won’t need to worry about this tenacious pest anymore. To learn more about keeping ants out of your home, contact us today.
All The Ways Bed Bugs Get Into Gainesville Homes
Bed bugs are parasites that feed off of human blood in order to survive. In the process, they wreak havoc on your health and hide during the day, making it harder to spot them. Here are some of the ways that bed bugs gain access to Gainesville homes:
- Latched onto your personal belongings after taking public transportation, traveling, staying at a hotel, or going to the movies
- Attached to secondhand furniture, mattresses, and kitchen appliances
- A pre-existing issue in your home from a previous resident
- Travel between walls of multi-unit buildings
At Pestechs, we provide bed bug control that ensures homeowners complete safety from bed bugs, restoring your home to pest-free conditions. All of our methods utilize Integrated Pest Management and come with guaranteed results, so we not only get rid of bed bugs but also work with homeowners to implement best practices to prevent these issues from developing in the future. For more information on bed bug control that keeps your home protected 365 days a year, contact us today.